Allied Health Assistant – Grade 2
Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Eastern Health
Temporary Part Time
Allied Health Assistant
- Join the supportive and friendly Occupational Therapy Team at the Peter James Centre
- Limited term, Part Time
- Generous salary packaging options
Eastern Health is one of Melbourneâ€™s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an Allied Health Assistant with a Certificate IV to join the Occupational Therapy Team at the Peter James Centre. The position will be responsible for working closely with the Occupational Therapy team with a wide variety of subacute patients.
To be successful in this role you should possess:
- Completion of Certificate IV (Allied Health Assistant) from a registered training organisation, or recognised equivalent inclusive of Occupational Therapy discipline modules.
- Well-developed clinical competence and theoretical knowledge base relevant to the workplace.
- Client centred, customer focused and culturally sensitive in all interactions.
- Well-developed verbal & written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work well within a team environment.
- Well-developed skills in organisation/time-management, planning and priority setting
- Well-developed computer literacy.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
Vaccination against infectious disease is a mandatory requirement of this role. This offer of employment is conditional on you providing evidence that you are currently vaccinated against COVID-19, prior to commencing employment.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
- Applications will be screened upon receipt
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence
**Please note applications will be screened upon receipt and advertising may close prior to the closing date.**
Enquiries: Allison FARLEY
Ph: (04) 1461 1363
Applications Close: 21/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.