Alcohol and Other Drug Consultation and Liaison – Byron/Ballina
Job Location: Lismore & Far North Coast
Employer: Northern NSW Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Clinical Nurse Specialist Gde 2
Remuneration: $52.00 – $53.71 per hour
Hours Per Week: 8
Requisition ID: REQ270656
All NSW Health workers are required to have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine by 30 November 2021 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
What you’ll be doing
The Clinical Nurse Specialist Grade 2 (CNS 2) Drug and Alcohol Consultation and Liaison coordinates and delivers high quality nursing care to patients/clients in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australiaâ€™s National Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses, criteria for CNS2 as outlined in the Public Hospital Nurses and Midwives (State) Award and the Policies and Procedures of the MoH and NNSWLHD, to referred patients from the Emergency Department and/or inpatient services.
Why you should consider applying
We can offer you:
- Diverse career pathways
- Professional and personal development
- Help with further study and education
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Opportunities to start or build a career, or re-enter the workforce
- Challenging, inspiring and rewarding roles, and
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Tired of big cities? Want to start your days sitting on your deck in the sun, enjoying a cup of coffee and listening to the birds? Or would you rather have a surf or a walk along the sand before work? Wonderful beaches, world heritage-listed national parks, hinterland villages, great food and fine wine, excellent private and public schools, warm and friendly staff are all waiting for you on the North Coast.
Where youâ€™ll be working
The Ballina and Byron Shires include some of Australiaâ€™s most famous surf breaks and holiday destinations, while the hinterland is rich with vibrant communities and mouth-watering local produce.
Northern NSW Local Health District embraces the diverse skills and perspectives that our people bring to the workplace. We foster inclusiveness and diversity to help us deliver quality care to our community.
NNSWLHD is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. All applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people will be viewed most favourably. For help with your application to this role visit Stepping Up, our online recruitment resource for Aboriginal people.
Please note, to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or be able to independently, legally live and work in Australia. For more information please see www.border.gov.au
A current valid NSW Working With Children Check is a requirement of this position. Visit https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/ for more information.
The successful applicant may be subject to a probationary period of three months from the date of appointment to this position.
- Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia with a postgraduate qualification in a Drug and Alcohol clinical specialty and at least 3 yearsâ€™ experience working in a Drug and Alcohol clinical specialty.
- Evidence of clinical leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary framework to plan, deliver and coordinate patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced clinical expertise in relation to clinical nursing practice and independently make decisions that support good patient care outcomes, in relation to drug and alcohol management.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in nursing practice, the facilitation of education to individuals, groups and own professional development.
- Demonstrated effective communication through the use of information technology, written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with individuals and in groups.
- Valid unrestricted drivers licence for use in NSW/Australia and willingness to travel in the course of employment.
Applications Close: 23 November 2021