Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) – Block Upgrade Project
Job Location: Richmond & Hawkesbury
Employer: Airbus Australia Pacific Limited
True work-life balance with a 4-day working week!
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME)
About the Opportunity
The Block Upgrade Project is a major Avionics system and software update to be carried out on the RAAF C130J fleet. The Block Upgrade includes modification to both civil and military aircraft systems including mission, navigation, radio and communication. The Airbus Block Upgrade team are responsible for all aspects of the modification, including wire and component installation, software updates, system functional testing and post modification check flight support.
We are currently seeking Aircraft Maintenance Engineers – Avionics, Mechanical and Structures to join our Richmond based maintenance team in 3 year fixed term positions to successfully deliver the Block Upgrade to the C130J Hercules.
Reporting to Team Lead Aircraft Maintenance, you will be responsible for performing on aircraft maintenance activities while also conducting off aircraft maintenance and supporting operational units in industry specific tasks, such as advanced systems troubleshooting and rectification and aircraft of competent modifications.
As a key member of the Block Upgrade Project Team, you will work closely with a large and inclusive team of technical experts focused on success.
To be successful in this role, it is a requirement to be able to work in a team environment, have well developed relationship skills as well as good verbal and written skills. You will need to be someone who is able to work autonomously and to tight deadlines and work comfortably in a continuous improvement work environment.
The knowledge, skills and experience best suited to this role would include:
- Cert IV in Aeroskills or equivalent issued by a Registered Training Organisation
- High-Level aviation airworthiness regulatory knowledge and it’s applicability in the relevant environment
- Understanding of relevant aircraft maintenance documentation and practices
- Knowledge of and experience using Interactive Electronic Technical Publications
- Ability to obtain a Military Aircraft Maintenance License (MAML)
- High-level communication skills, both verbal and written
- High-level computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region’s largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 17 locations in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
What’s on offer?
The Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. We have dedicated resources to deliver:
- Flexible work arrangements that include a 4 day working week
- Clear operational and strategic objectives with significant future commercial opportunities
- Supportive structures, systems and processes with a commitment to your development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging, Employee Share Ownership Plan, Employee health plans
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date: Friday 17th December 2021