Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) Assessor – Multiple Positions
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: S.A. Health
- Northern Adelaide Local Health Network – Modbury Hospital – Modbury
- Total Indicative Remuneration: AHP2 $92,471 – $106,966 p.a. (pro rata) / RN2C $91,783 – $117,101 p.a. (pro rata) – Full-Time or Part-Time Temporary â€“ up to 1 July 2022 – Multiple Positions
The Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) Assessor is accountable to Team Leader (ACAT) for the provision of an Aged Care Assessment Service that determines the appropriate type and level of care for clients. In doing this the Assessor liaises with clients, carers, other health professionals and organisations to provide information about residential and/or community care options for support.
The ACAT Assessor participates in evaluation, administration, education and quality assurance activities and ensures the legislative requirements of the Department of Health and Ageing are met.
Full education and training is provided to successful applicants
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Undertaking comprehensive assessments and evaluation of the physical, medical, social and psychological needs of clients and carers in their own home or in other residential and acute care settings.
- Determining eligibility for Commonwealth funded aged care facilities and community and extended aged care packages.
- Identifying the potential for maximising independence including the need for rehabilitation, modification of the environment, or input from community services.
- Integrating assessment findings, professional knowledge, clinical experience and knowledge of residential and community resources when exploring and planning options for care.
- Ensuring that client consent issues have been addressed.
- Liaising and consulting with clients, carers, GPs, team members, other health professionals within the services and care providers in outside agencies.
- Providing information and advocacy to clients and carers, especially to access appropriate accommodation or improve the current environment.
- Linking clients and their carers with resources, services and community support.
- Assisting clients and carers with issues relating to transition to alternate accommodation.
- Ensuring that clients and carers are aware of their rights and responsibilities and mechanisms for complaints.
- Participating in case conferences.
- Participating with other team members in the clinical review of assessment findings, care options and recommended outcomes.
- Monitoring and evaluating intervention outcomes.
- Developing and utilising community resources.
- Participating in a duty officer roster to provide advice to clients waiting for assessment and review priority for assessment as necessary
To be eligible for this position as an Allied Health Professional (AHP2):
For Physiotherapists: you must hold an appropriate Degree or equivalent qualification which entitles registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia.
For Occupational Therapists: you must hold an appropriate Degree or equivalent qualification which entitles registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Australia.
For Social Workers: you must hold an appropriate Degree or equivalent qualification which gives eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
To be eligible for this position as a Clinical Nurse (RN2C) you will be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and hold, or be eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job Ref: 776650
776650 – Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) Assessor – AHP2_RN2C – Job Pack.pdf