Advanced Fixed Plant Lubrication Technician
Job Location: Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
Employer: Fortescue Metals Group Ltd
Fortescue is now consistently producing 175-180 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Work Location: Solomon
Roster: 14D/7R â€“ FIFO ex Perth
Reporting to the Fixed Plant Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, this role will provide lubrication expertise that will maintain the operation’s assets to achieve the business objectives and comply with the safety, work Management and asset management processes and procedures. This is a newly created position that will heavily focus on continuous improvement, standardization of practices, procedures, and work methods across site, while utilizing previous experience in line with industry standards.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ensure departmental compliance of the Site Safety Procedures and Practices for the Maintenance Team
- Ensure compliance to CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System – SAP)
- Ensure compliance with Work Management Procedures
- Ensure hygiene and best common lubrication practices
- Carry out quality inspections, repairs, and maintenance of fixed plant equipment
- Continuously improve systems and procedures
- Train and mentor other technicians in line with industry standards
- Partly responsible for all hydrocarbon storage, use and maintenance at the fixed plant operations
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement strategies for fixed plant
- Ensure reporting/recording of all Maintenance activities as required by the maintenance plan are directed back to the supervisor
Qualifications and skills required:
- LCAT I or LCAT II
- Experience working with hydrocarbon delivery equipment and maintenance on all common Fixed Plant equipment
- Mechanical trade certificate (Desirable)
- VCAT 1 (Desirable)
- 5 Yrs. post-trade mining/heavy industry lubrication experience (Desirable)
- Forklift license (preferred or be eligible to obtain)
- Current Driverâ€™s License (C class)
- SAP competency (Preferred)
- Hydraulic systems experience
At Fortescue, we treat our team mates as though they are family. We appreciate everyoneâ€™s contribution and know that a diverse workforce creates a safer, more engaged, and productive working environment.
Our aim is to have a workforce that reflects the community in which we live, and we encourage females, Aboriginal Australians, those identifying as LGBTIQ+, people of all ages and culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
Fortescue reserves the right to close applications early should a suitable pool of candidates be identified.