Administrative Officer – Woodridge State High School
Job Location: Brisbane Southern Suburbs & Logan
Employer: Department of Education
Image Courtesy of Woodridge State High School
As the Administrative Officer you will have responsibility for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform a variety of day to day administrative and support services that are routine in nature and directed by the Principal or the Business Manager.
- Perform a variety of other administrative or support services for school support staff, including printing of timesheets, leave applications and rosters, assisting with arranging approved relief for school support staff as directed.
- Administer day to day financial matters (e.g. process payments and orders, receipting, banking, reconciling invoices for payment, follow-up on late payments as directed by Principal or Business Manager. Input and export financial data to/from OneSchool.
- Assist with organising school maintenance and safety inspections as directed by the Principal or Business Manager; assist with the operation and control of school hire schemes and arrange bookings for community use of school facilities; undertake stock-takes of school plant and equipment.
- Prepare minutes of meetings, policy documents, reports, forms, newsletters, prospectuses, memorandums, examination papers, class notes and school Annual Reports. Draft, check correspondence, with guidance from the Principal or Business Manager concerning correspondence of a non-routine nature.
- Other duties, consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the position as directed by the Principal, Business Manager or nominated delegate.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
To apply please attach the following:
- A maximum 2 page brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the â€˜How you will be assessed‘ section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Employees affected by workplace change will be considered on merit.
Workers in education settings, including schools, early childhood and care services (such as kindergartens and childcare centres) or Outside School Hours Care, will need to have received one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by 17 December 2021, and the second dose by 11:59pm on 23 January 2022.
To ensure the Department of Education is complying with this requirement applicants may be required to supply supporting evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination for employment to any roles in the designated categories. Please visit the Department of Education COVID-19 website for further information. Department of Health information page for further information about obtaining your COVID-19 vaccination certificate.