Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: Working Parents Connect
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the small team of a well-established security business based in Yarraville offering an attractive hourly rate and flexible working arrangements (during school hours).
About the role
Our client is a well-established security business based in Yarraville who are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to manage the daily operations of their small office. This is very much a â€˜hands-onâ€™ role and the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- End-to-end processing of fortnightly payroll using SAGE WageEasy for award and salaried staff;
- Processing of employee monthly Superannuation and Quarterly Portable Long Service Leave Reports and payments;
- Processing both accounts payable and receivable using Reckon Accounts Enterprise;
- Update, record and maintain effective and efficient office administration systems and procedures;
- Maintain effective administrative filing systems;
- Manage monthly expenses and credit card reconciliations;
- Lead and coordinate all administrative activities;
- Manage the running of the Victorian office including managing office maintenance, mail, supplies, equipment, and errands
- Answering and managing all incoming calls professionally, efficiently, and accurately; and
- In line with company policies, work towards maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and assist in the achievement of Company objectives regarding OH&S.
To be successful, you will be highly organised, reliable and self-motivated with a proven ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as working to deadlines. It is essential that you have:
- Appropriate qualification in administration and/or equivalent experience (3-5 years) in an administrative support position;
- Proficient experience in Reckon Accounts Enterprise and Sage WageEasy;
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skills including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Driven, proactive manner, quick to adapt to the changing needs of a business;
- Ability to build strong, positive relationships with your team and wider business; and
- Answer and manage all incoming calls professionally, efficiently and accurately.
Whatâ€™s on offer
Working 20 hours per week (Monday to Friday â€“ 4 hours per day), start and finish times can be negotiated to suit both the business and the successful candidate. An hourly rate of $28-$32 per hour + super is on offer (negotiable based on experience) and an immediate start is available.
Applications close Tuesday 14 December (5pm) and interviews will commence immediately. If you have the essential skillset and are looking for the next step in your career, please submit your resume and cover letter via â€˜Apply for jobâ€™ and include preferences on the following:
- hourly rate (base salary + super)
- working hours
- availability to start
Please note: as our client requires this role to work onsite in the office, double COVID19 vaccination is required.