Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Whitehorse Business Group Inc.
Whitehorse Business Group Inc.
The Whitehorse Business Group was formed in 1996 to represent the interests of the local business community and is run by a Board comprising local business owners and employees. Our members come from a diverse range of sectors and sizes – from micro through to large businesses across all sectors â€“ business services, manufacturing, retail, health and education.
With over 8000 businesses operating within the City of Whitehorse, the group provides an opportunity to foster business to business networking and contribute to the local economy through:
- Encouraging ongoing networking opportunities
- Recognising local business excellence
- Facilitating initiatives to support expansion of local business
- Connecting and identifying local business links
- Encouraging employment through local business growth
- Developing strategic partnership for economic advantage
- Developing a membership base which represents the local business community
About the role:
This position provides support to the Whitehorse Business Group Board of Management, including the Executive and members of the group.
The work of the Administration and Events Coordinator includes:
- Represent (be the â€œFaceâ€) of the Whitehorse Business Group
- Administration, daily operation of an office.
- Support the Board of the Whitehorse Business Group
- Membership support
- Development and coordination of a range of functions that support Whitehorse Business Group members.
- Big scale event management â€“ Awards program and Gala Dinner Awards presentation night
- Communications (high level of English required)
- Marketing (including social media)
- Business planning and strategy
- CRM â€“ maintenance (HubSpot knowledge an advantage)
- Stakeholdersâ€™ engagement
- Xero Accounting experience (preferable)
- Needs to work autonomously with the support of the Board
Please note: The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this level.
Key selection criteria:
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector
- Experience in creating, managing and delivering a busy and high quality calendar of events, meeting targeted budgets and KPIsâ€™.
- Strong administrative skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Solutions focused and self-driven with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team; with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- A minimum of 3 years experience within a similar role.
- Skilled at writing speech notes, run sheets and briefs.
- CRM experience â€“ HubSpot preferred
- Proficient in written and verbal English.
- A positive & professional attitude with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and motivated, that thrives on perfection.
- A strong work ethic, along with immaculate presentation.
- Social Media Marketing experience
- Xero accounting experience (preferable)
- Must show proof of COVID vaccinations
Flexible work arrangements – Hybrid
Part-time job 25 hours a week.
Ideal for a candidate with school-age kids.
Working hours: 9:30 am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday (flexibility required as there are some early mornings and evenings when hosting events or Board meetings)
Please provide your CV and Cover letter addressing the selection criteria to: Kathy Collier at [email protected]
For enquiries relating to the role, please contact Laura Laje at our Executive office on 9275 6910.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance and a current COVID vaccination.
Whitehorse Business Group is committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, and supporting diversity.