Job Location: Sydney Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Employer: Alpha Omega Senior College
$65,000 – $69,999
Alpha Omega Senior College – Auburn
Alpha Omega Senior College is a modern co-educational school located near Auburn Central. The school has over 500 students enrolled from years 7-12 and focuses on academic and personal growth of teachers and students. The school is well-known for its high level of academic achievement as well as nurturing and developing our staff and students to become active and knowledgeable citizens in the community.
We are a growing business with big plans and looking for an experienced Accountant to join our friendly team and help support our business objectives.
The role has broad responsibility across operational financial and accounting functions, with responsibilities such as: accounts payable, receivable, tax compliance, monthly close processes, monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting, cash flow, and payroll.
This role is part of the leadership team, reporting directly to the Business Manager.
The prime responsibilities:
- Preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and BAS statements for assessment and lodgement with the ATO
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Lead in producing timely and accurate monthly management accounts with detailed analysis on financial performance
- Organising manual adjustments and journals as required in line with agreed processes
- Manage our junior accounting admin team
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Liaising with the ATO and other government departments
- Actively identify opportunities for improvements and proactively manage implementation of improvements
- Year-end compliance and monthly reporting
- Liaising with clients as required
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 2 – 3 yearsâ€™ experience in an Accountant role
- At least a degree level of qualification
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate financial issues
- Intermediate to advanced computer including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in your work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Strong eye for detail and high accuracy
- Problem solver with effective analysis and decision-making skills and
- Strong organisational skills
How to apply:
- Covering letter including a statement as to why you wish to work at AOSC and how you can contribute to the school.
- Resume containing skills, education, qualifications and work history
- Names and contact details of two current professional referees who may be approached in confidence
Applicants must comply with the NSW Teacher Accreditation Act and in accordance with Child Protection legislation, all people seeking child- related employment are required to have a WWCC Clearance number prior to employment.
Applications close: 17/12/2021
Position commences: Immediate Start (Negotiable)