Aboriginal Opportunity – Process Worker (Ramp Hand)
Job Location: Perth Rockingham & Kwinana
Job ref – KH465211
- Are you looking for a career change and a positive new challenge?
- Seeking values driven, hardworking individuals to join our busy production team
- No experience necessary; all training provided on the job
- Opportunity to work in a new, state of the art facility locally based in Kwinana
- Fulltime permanent position / Working Shift work from Monday â€“ Friday, with occasional weekend work
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Kleenheat provides better value energy solutions to homes and businesses across Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Our mission is to be the local energy provider of choice by delivering safe and reliable products, helpful customer service and ongoing community support.
Our success is driven by our people, so joining Kleenheat means youâ€™ll have opportunities to grow your career in a collaborative culture where your voice is heard and your contribution valued.
We are increasing the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. This opportunity is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (under section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984).
About the role
Right now weâ€™re on the lookout for enthusiastic Ramp Hands to support our Operations Team. You will be a valued member of a diverse team where you will contribute to the achievement of production targets safely and efficiently. If you are someone who values safety, accountability, teamwork, improvement and integrity we would like to hear from you!
Previous experience is not necessary; you will be provided with all the necessary training to succeed and perform your role safely. Our Depot Operations has recently moved to a new state of the art facility in Kwinana which incorporates best practice manufacturing processes, reducing the need for manual handling.
This role incorporates some manual labour therefore, the successful candidates must also be able to complete physical tasks, with the assistance of machineries.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring safety remains priority number one in accordance with Kleenheat policies and procedures.
- Loading and unloading gas cylinders in a range of weights from cages and vehicles both manually and with lifting aids.
- Prepare gas cylinders to include machine washing, scraping, painting, stickering and plugging.
- Safely fill cylinders with LP Gas.
- Safely decanting LP Gas from cylinders.
- Test cylinders against Australian Standards, deeming them safe for reuse or condemnable.
- Daily stock reconciliation.
To excel in the role, youâ€™ll need the right mix of skills and experience, which for this position means:
- A high attention to detail, a good work ethic and commitment.
- Basic written and numerical skills and with basic computer literacy.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and also individually.
- An improvement focus that you apply to learning new skills and solving problems.
- Qualities which align to Kleenheatâ€™s Values of Safety, Accountability, Teamwork, Improvement and Integrity.
- Enthusiasm, passion and a desire to drive for results.
- A good level of physical fitness.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Our shifts timings are 6am -2.30pm and 2.30pm â€“ 11pm.
We value our employees by offering:
- Competitive remuneration including allocation of Wesfarmers shares and participation in our annual incentive plan
- Employer parental leave payment up to 16 weeks
- Ongoing professional development and career opportunities across our diverse businesses and the Wesfarmers Group
- Salary sacrifice opportunities, including novated lease vehicle packaging
- Access to a range of employee benefits across WesCEF and Wesfarmers.
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We pride ourselves on developing and supporting people and recognise the importance of flexibility. When you apply, please let us know if you are seeking a flexible employment arrangement.
Please note you are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to commence in this role.
Applications close 5pm AWST on Wednesday 8th December 2021.
We reserve the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date. It is recommended to apply as soon as possible.