2022 Intensive Care Transition Year Fellow
Job Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Monash Health
Monash Medical Centre Clayton
Fixed Term Full Time
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities. We employee more than 18,000 staff who work across 40 care locations. In Monash Health your own growth and development is important and with us you can really be your best. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
About Monash Doctors
There are more than 1,200 Junior Medical staff positions at Monash Health in over 200 medical specialties, to help grow your career. We offer unparalleled opportunities in Victoriaâ€™s largest & most clinically diverse teaching health service.
Monash Medical Centre Intensive Care Unit Environment:
26 bed unit operating as two pods run by two teams of multidisciplinary staff including:
- Senior registrar
- Junior Registrar
- Nurse team leader
Dedicated outreach consultant role Monday to Friday in hours
Weekends only 2 consultants, one for each pod with outreach support alternating daily for the 2 days.
8.5 consultant EFT split between 4 full time consultants and 9 part time staff. We have 40 weekends a year covered by VMO’s.
Subspecialty programs include:
- Ultrasound and echocardiography
- Provision of lung US and echo within the unit
- Combined training program with Technicians
- USS course certificate for ICU trainees
- Education – active JMS programs and part 1 and 2 CICM preparation
- Organ Donation
- Infection prevention
- Specialty liaison portfolios for Cardiothoracic surgery, Neurosurgery, Infectious diseases, Anaesthesia and Emergency
- 600 bed acute adult hospital
- Over 2000 admissions a year
- Over 4500 external emergency responses / year
- Adult Cardiothoracic surgery Intensive Care
- 550 admissions a year
- Includes aortic surgery, CABG’s and valve surgery
- Tier 3 centre in the Victorian ECMO service
- Average 12 cases / year
- Historically 75% post cardiotomy patients
- Neurology / Neurosurgery
- Non trauma centre
- Clot retrieval centre
- Obstetric ICU
- Complex high risk obstetric centre
What you need:
- Have or be eligible for AHPRA Medical Registration
- Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check
- Primary Medical Degree – MBBS
What we offer:
- Salary packaging
- Onsite subsidised staff parking
- Discounted banking (BankVic)
- Onsite Gym
- Access to professional development courses and seminars
How to Apply
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Working with Childrenâ€™s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Enquiries: Wisam Al-Bassam
Ph: 03 95943277
Applications Close: 31/12/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the â€œApply for this jobâ€ button.